Membership Services Coordinator
Canadian Home Builders’ Association – Newfoundland & Labrador, St. John’s
12-MONTH MATERNITY LEAVE POSITION
The Canadian Home Builders’ Association – Newfoundland and Labrador (CHBA-NL) is a dynamic, membership-based industry association serving builders, developers, renovators and anyone with an interest in providing quality housing options for residents of this province.
The Association’s role is to act as the voice of the residential construction industry and to elevate the profile of this sector to influence policy, in addition to focusing on our target issues – housing affordability, skilled trades, energy efficiency and the underground economy. Our primary audiences are members, consumers and other industry professionals.
Reporting to the CEO, we are hiring a Membership Services Coordinator for a one-year maternity leave position. We are seeking a candidate capable of carrying out diverse responsibilities and evolving tasks in this fast-paced environment by way of a combination of education, skills and experience.
- Manage all value-added membership programs including:
- The provincial Master Builder Certification Program
- The national RenoMark Registration Program
- The Members’ Advantage Program (MAP)
- Attend Association Committee meetings, including Technical Research, Education & Training, Membership & Marketing, and Policy & Governance, and carry out action items
- Respond to member and consumer inquiries by phone and email
- Attend all Association flagship, monthly and special events
- Draft letters of advocacy to stakeholders, including officials at all levels of government
- Draft policy-focused research based on current industry issues, demands and challenges
- Review and edit out-going communications to the membership, partners, consumers, and government bodies and maintain consistent key messaging
- Prepare visual presentations and speaking notes forpolicy and decision-makers
- Exhibit at trade shows across the province to engage consumers and liaise with government representatives on topics such as home energy efficiency
- Build and maintain partnerships by providing industry-related content to partners, e.g., The Telegram, the Real Estate Magazine, the Burton Magazine, Home & Cabin, etc.
- Make submissions for national CHBA and industry-related awards to highlight achievements
- Conduct other duties aimed at elevating the public profile of the Association and the industry in the minds of professionals, decision-makers and consumers
- Lead the design, content creation and ad sales for the 2015-2016 Consumer Directory
- Based on secured program funding (Homelessness Partnership Strategy, Natural Resources Canada, Canada Job Grant), roll out approved activities, including, but not limited to:
- Conducting self-directed research
- Facilitating focus groups with stakeholders
- Drafting publications, synthesizing best practices and designing toolkits
- Undertaking script-writing and assisting with video production to educate consumers
- Developing and designing graphic materials for different audiences
- Research funding opportunities available to Associations and membership-based providers
- Submit proposals to assist the Association in implementing programs and services aligned with our mission to provide value to the membership in innovative ways
Communications, Social Media & Online Engagement
- Maintain and update the chbanl.ca website on a daily/weekly basis, including calendar/events, articles, publications, links, member profiles and sponsors
- Maintain and update the provincial RenoMark NL website using national CMS
- Develop news items and announcements published on the website aimed at our audiences
- Create monthly E-newsletter based on CHBA-NL, CHBA, municipal, provincial and national issues, events and activities, linked directly back to the website
- Draft and distribute media and press releases in advance of Association events and hot issues
- Schedule updates on social media for Facebook and Twitter using Hootsuite or other scheduler
- Engage with partners, followers and consumers on social media regularly
- Post status updates and live tweet from Association and industry events
- Photograph all CHBA-NL events for the website and social media posting
- Undertake graphic design and image creation using Photoshop to highlight sponsors at events, for presentations, marketing efforts, as well as social media and website posts
Event-Planning & Coordination
- Assist staff with organizing and carrying out Association events including, but not limited to:
- The AGM and Housing Forum
- Annual Home Show
- The Golf Classic
- The Building Excellence and Residential Growth (BERG) Awards Gala
- Monthly membership meetings and Builder Breakfasts
- All other events and workshops facilitated by the Association
The right candidate must have superior communication proficiencies and possess analytical, interpersonal and organizational skills. They must be able to work independently and as a part of a team, with demonstrated initiative. Due to the energetic nature of the Association, it is essential the candidate adapt to changing work responsibilities with the flexibility to shift gears and focus on multiple priorities with demanding deadlines.
Skills in technology, including Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), Outlook, WordPress and other CMS systems, MailChimp, Photoshop and social media platforms are essential. Effective problem-solving, creative thinking and the capacity to build and maintain strong working relationships with multiple stakeholders, such as business owners, government representatives, community partners, consumers and the media are also critical.
Qualifications for this position would normally be acquired through a university degree in Business Administration, Law, Marketing or related discipline. Educational preparedness will be complimented by 5-7 years’ relevant experience for a membership-based association, a not-or-profit organization, or in a corporate setting. Equivalencies will be considered.
Knowledge of the housing sector (locally, regionally and nationally), the strategic direction of the industry and the impact of key market forces will be an asset.
HOW TO APPLY
Closing Date: 4:00 pm, Friday, December 19, 2014
Microsoft Word or PDF docs only with subject: Membership Services Coordinator Position
The CHBA-NL values diversity in the work place and is an equal opportunity employer. Applications must be received before the close of business on the closing date. Your cover letter and résumé must clearly demonstrate how you meet the required qualifications as stated in the ad and must contain your current mailing address, contact number and e-mail address.