Coordinator of Membership, Sales, and Communications
The Canadian Home Builders’ Association – Newfoundland and Labrador (CHBA-NL) is the voice of the province’s residential construction industry, which includes both new home construction and renovation.
Membership includes new home builders, renovators, developers, trade contractors, manufacturers, suppliers, lenders, and other professionals. To date, we are 170 member firms strong, making us one of the largest industry associations in the province. The CHBA-NL, which is provincial in scope, is one part of a three-level organization with national, provincial, and local associations.
The CHBA-NL is seeking a dynamic individual to fill the newly created position of Coordinator for Membership, Sales and Communications.
Position Description– NEW Coordinator of Membership, Sales, and Communications
This is a pro-active position responsible for sales and promotion of CHBA-NL membership to non-member businesses, soliciting sponsorship, planning and development of recruiting and retaining of members, initiating programs, events, systems and incentives to attract and retain members, and promoting public and industry awareness of the excellence and professionalism of the industry plus the benefits of CHBA-NL membership, in accordance with the strategic plan set by the CHBA-NL Board of Directors
- Recruitment and selling of memberships
- Retention programs for existing members
- Development of new membership initiatives/programs
- Sponsorship solicitation
- Networking at industry and partner events
- Website content development and maintenance
- Social media communication via Facebook and twitter
- Content for the electronic e-news,
- Answering member, consumer, vendor and other outside inquiries (via in-person, phone or electronic)
- Supporting industry events
- Other duties as required
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience in sales and membership services
- Post-Secondary Education, business, commerce, or equivalent
- Must have previous sales experience
- Ability to prospect/cold call businesses to sell membership and sponsorship opportunities
- Outgoing with strong analytical skills
- Proficient in website management and social media
- Ability to manage multiple objectives (deadline oriented)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be a team player that works well in a fast paced and adapting environment
- Must have the ability to foster the values of member relations
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills are essential
The CHBA-NL offers competitive compensation with benefits. If you feel you are the team player CHBA-NL is seeking for this new position, please apply in confidence by Friday, July 7, 2017 via email firstname.lastname@example.org.